Friday, February 24, 2012

Odds and Ends

I have been loving my artist-in-residency task with 3rd through 5th graders.  I get the same small group of students from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. with just a brief lunch break.  The part that tickles me the most is their reaction when we do the math and they realize they've just spent a good 4 hours on a single project!  I don't know how this little man was working so well with his sleeves almost burying his hands but he was very proud of the finished project and well he should be!
Winter molt is over and the gals are laying again.   We do have a few breeds that lay throughout the winter but egg production drops dramatically as the birds go through their winter molt.  Now everyone is all feathered out again and ready to go.  As the hours of daylight increase so does the laying.  I am devoting a fair bit of my day to keeping up with eggs.
Everyone has been enjoying our mild winter.  Vincent Van Goat, our very old LaMancha wether, is stockpiling nap time.  Ravi, one of the Anatolian Shepherds, vigilantly keeps watch over Vincent as he sleeps. Or at least that is what we're supposed to believe!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and interesting blog(s) you have.

    I thoroughly enjoyed my visit at both and will be keeping up with your day-to-day events.

    Thanks for that :-D

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Natalie. I'd already looked at some of your pretty socks earlier today. You are more patient than I am - I do the first sock & then can't get enthused about duplicating it ;-)

    ReplyDelete