Monday, December 10, 2012

Still Here

I realize it has been months since I have updated the blog.  I haven't a clue where the time has gone.  Saturday Market season is over, I did an Indie Craft Parade Holiday Fair & a trunk show at Wool Over Your Eyes.  And the final "committed" Saturday of our year was taken up by our precious daughter's college graduation!  All is good.

Now I am filling a few orders and tackling the enormous stash of fleeces from our own spring shearing as well as from the other farmers that Al shears for who don't want their wool.  If I look at the stacked bags of fleeces all at once it is overwhelming.  If I pull a bag out, sort it well and put it out to soak and dry the task seems like something I can accomplish.  I spun through the best of a lovely little Shetland fleece just last night.  I needed the yarn to finish knitting a hat so just pressed on.  It looks as though the winter will be spent taking tiny bites out of the elephant-sized stockpile of dirty wool.  And, hopefully, getting back into a more regular blogging routine.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not smart enough to figure out a way to follow your blog, but love love love your guard dog pics and stories :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really need to discipline myself to be more regular again - just seems that farm life gets in the way (in the very best way possible).

    ReplyDelete