Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dyeing with Eleanor

This old gal is Eleanor. She is very much of the mind that she has special privileges which is fine as she is probably our oldest Angora goat. I am working in the stable dyeing yarn today and she is on my heels every step of the way. I've made a few trips in and out carrying dye bottles, empty containers and wetted yarns. She insists on going through the big stable door every time I go in and then tries to push her way into the stall where I do my dyeing. I keep that big door closed as there is just too much to knock down in there. Goats are nosy and they climb, even the old ones..... When I leave the stable, Eleanor is not content to stay in there out of the blustery winds but gives me that "you better hold the door for me" look as she ambles out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment