Saturday, May 2, 2009

What a day!

Saturday Market was amazing! I took 54 dozen eggs & sold every single one. From there we went up to Split Creek Farm's spring open house to do a shearing demonstration. Then home to "regular" chores. I've spent the late afternoon speaking sweetly to the chickens to explain that I could have sold quite a few more eggs so expect their utmost cooperation in the coming week.

The day ended with the discovery of a new lamb. He is a beautiful speckled Shetland - all petite & spunky. He must have been born early this morning but his mother was already in the pasture with the ewes & their lambs so a baby was not out of place. I thought when I first got home from Market that I heard a baby cry but then heard other sheep so thought nothing of it. I was so surprised when returning with my last bucket of eggs right before dark to glance over & see this new tiny thing in the pasture. He & mama are now safely in the stable where she is getting lots of special grain all to herself. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment