Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Quandry

It has rained for a few days so mud is no surprise but I couldn't help stare at Alice today.  She had a simply filthy muddy face.  If the dirty face belonged to Micah, our Dexter bull, I would not be surprised as he likes to show off to the girls but tearing big holes in the pasture.  He is often covered with dust.  But Alice is usually a tidy old gal.  After exploring a bit, I did find a sort of a clue.
It was hard to get a good picture so I'd best explain.  This is an enormous hole that one of the Anatolian Shepherds dug for herself to keep cool in the summer.  The hole easily holds a hundred pound dog if that is any indication of the size.  Well, inside the entrance to the hole is a single cow footprint.  And shoved way down in the hole is the partially deflated old playground ball that just seems to get kicked around the pasture.  From the looks of the hole and the cow all I can imagine is that for some reason Alice was trying to get that ball out of that hole.  But who really knows?  They never fail to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment