Friday, January 29, 2010

Odds & Ends



The parsnip (or shall I say parsnips) is one I dug from the garden. I was so pleased to see that the seed germinated in the spring that I didn't thin them as I should. The result was this little merger underground.

I placed the washed fleece outside earlier in the week and forgot to bring it in at the end of the day. The next morning it was frozen solid with a nice frosty sheen. I let it thaw and finish drying. It is now safely back inside.

Right now we are just anticipating the evening's "wintry mix". We don't go to the store for bread and milk in a snowstorm panic but did go to the feed store yesterday. I doubt the chickens would be very pleased should we run out of their weekly ton of feed. We've also moved new round bales into all the pastures so that we don't have to try to get the tractor through muddy spots should we just end up with a nasty rain. Things are already well saturated here so, although rain is a blessing after all our years of drought, we are getting a little tired of living in mucking boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment