Monday, March 16, 2009

New Baby

This little doe kid was born in the night during the nasty rain storm but her mama kept her safe & had already fed her by the time Al found them shortly before daylight. We had actually been joking with friends that rotten weather meant more babies were on the way. Mama & kid are now safely in a stall in the stable. Mama has lots of feed & water while baby has a nice corner to curl up in & pretend she is hiding from the big world.

Pig Update: The pigs are still content with their supply of mud. Although the weather doesn't seem to bother them in the least, I am feeling bad enough for them that I bring them new ears of corn each time I pass by to gather eggs. Again, they don't mind at all but I do - I think it is the same as when you have to put on a sweater because your mother is cold....

No comments:

Post a Comment